Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random thoughts (alone in my office)

This has been a good week! One that has been filled with laughter, talking kak, time spent with special friends, reconnecting with old friends, old acquaintances becoming new friends..... sleepless nights alone, long working hours, sick (again!)...... I love how life just makes things work out for us: I had sleepless nights because I missed my love (that's positive), my working hours are LONG, but my students make me happy (that's positive), when Robyn realised I was sick and had no time to go to the doctor/pharmacy, she gave me tablets (that's positive). Why is the trend to focus on the negative then??? For me, the glass is ALWAYS half-full.

On a different note: I am alone in my office this morning. I haven't been alone in my office in a LONG time, and I don't quite know how I feel about it. I fear being alone with my thoughts! But right now it's kinda nice. Don't get me wrong - I would choose company over being alone every time, and I miss my friend. But.....this is nice. Is that what age does to one?

Funny little thought about age: the average life expectancy in South Africa (according to wikipedia) is 49.3 years. So FUCK wikipedia, I'm going with the bible! Psalm 90:10 says: The days of our years are threescore years and ten [70 years]. Does that mean that in 3 birthdays time I will be middle-aged!!!! YOR!!!!!! You're right Shaun, Im OLD.......and I've had heart surgery!!! Djy! A person doesn't joke about surgery!

Which leads me to another random thought. Why DON'T we joke about things like surgery? The first thing I said to my dad after his triple bypass operation was: Het Pappa dit geniet? I got a smile! It's like when people tell moffie jokes. They tell their jokes, and they tell their jokes UNTIL a moffie walks in. Heeerel mense! That effing moffie has heard them all. He's the pro! Hoekom is julle almal nou sommer tjoepstil?

Mense, Keith told me last night I'm becoming too common! I think I must stay away from those cloras (is that how you spell clora?)! They just make a person common.....Yor! I'm glad I'm not common ne!

Liefies vir almal!
Ek gaan nou chila......

No comments:

Post a Comment