Sunday, August 1, 2010

Let's see if this works out for me

So finally I've decided to do this. Enjoy reading other people's blogs so much that I thought it was time I saw if I could put my thought on paper too.

The college has just finished a short run of a show: Dance Me a Song. I was asked to prepare a few nos for the show - against my will and the wills of the students in my department. There is so much to tell about the rehearsal process: especially about the relationships between staff and students at the establishment where I work! But, I have decided (with this blog) not to rehash things that are too far back in the past. Current news (like 1-3 days old maximum) will be reflected upon.

About the show:
There are a few of us (fortunate folk) who see the results of our daily labour constantly. I am one of these fortunate folk. It is my responsibility to teach young adults to sing. This is not easy! But, I do believe that I have a nack for teaching (coming from a LONG line of teachers, including my dad).

Maybe it is just me being biased (because they are my students), but my babies are AMAZING! I watched them last night with tears in my eyes. From the brave ones in the opening number right up to the relief on their faces at the end of a (somewhat stressful) successful run. My mom said that she loved the fact that they enjoyed themselves so much!

My battery's dying.

I'm not to keen to share my feelings by mouth, but good on paper. For those of you who read this, this blog will become a peek into Mr Q's head... Chat soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment