Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Random thoughts (alone in my office) AGAIN!

So, I'm gonna have to buy a new belt soon: I'm on the last hole! As in the belt is almost too big for me... Happy times hey.

I'm still stuck playing for Ballet exams! It is really difficult STAYING AWAKE when I'm in those examinations... Two more days of exams: today and tomorrow... And then 2 days of an Advance 2 Ballet Course. I really have no clue how Mrs Draper (the ballet examiner) will present this course! She walks with the aid of a walking stick... To me that's like getting someone with nodules to teach a Singing Course...

I went to watch "Evita" at The Theatre on The Bay last night. Now the first rule of blogging is to always tell the truth! The truth is.....I don't wanna talk about the production.

I had a bit of a moment though, when I saw a poster up for "Handful of Keys" in the foyer... It's still a bit difficult to see somebody else on my poster... But, I then looked at the TINY poster and remembered the one that had my face on it in Joburg. It was the size of my office... And I look at the limited advertising, and remember how my face was on every pole in this city from Simonstown to Hout Bay (the scenic route). I feel slightly better. I also remembered how we filled the Baxter Theatre night after night... Good times!

I'm auditioning for "Phantom of the Opera" in December. My first audition in 5 years. I must say, I am a little nervous! I feel bad though. I did not tell my boss that I was auditioning. She found out, and was rather hurt and offended by it. I thought that there was no point in telling her, because there was a good chance that they would not be interested in me. Rehearsals start October 2011, so it gives us plenty time (IF they're interested) to chat and make a plan. And lastly, if they are NOT interested, I don't want my boss to know that I applied for another position and they declined!!! But, I AM auditioning for the title role...and I shall just put it out there: it is my dream role...

I have 18 mins till my first exam for the day... Waiting for a friend to call/sms... Kom nou...

Keith and I went out for breakfast this morning: full English. I feel like I've eaten a cow! I cannot even pull in my tummy right now... In the past, I would have had my full breakfast and MORE! I find that lately I chew gum: it keeps my mouth busy.

Lots of change in my life at the moment hey! A change is as good as a holiday. Funny, I never got that till now. But I'm enjoying the holiday...

2 comments:

  1. So THAT'S the story...hehehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm ... you are doing something wrong if you need to chew gum to keep your mouth busy ... we should have a talk. Maak maar net n grap ... I am sure you know BETTER than I do.

    ReplyDelete