Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lemons....

I got BUBBLES back today. He's been sick.... He took us all the way to Somerset East and back to Cape Town, and then went on a 6 week holiday! New petrol pump, and he's back!!!! I know that my Bubbles is old, rusty, unpredictable and slow..... But very little compares to the thrill of driving on the N1 in your OWN car.... It's a GREAT feeling.....

Great things have happened since I last blogged.... After all the sadness and difficulties faced due to the changes I have chosen to make in my life, things are looking UP! I am closer to my brothers and my parents than I ever thought I would be. Today I saw my 2 year old niece: in the past, my nieces and nephews hardly KNEW me. Mika jumps up and down with delight whenever Shaun and I see her. Today she would not leave him alone. She took him by the hand and led him through the house! We both had to promise that we were just going to my brother's house for a little while and that we were returning straight away before she would let us go. We then arrived at George's (my brother's) place and Jesse lay himself across my lap! It's AMAZING! In the past they would just say hi and leave me alone....

The last 2 weeks have been really special. I spent the week of the 9th in East london adjudicating the East London Eisteddfod. While I was there, I performed: 3 performances in total. 1 Classical performance and 2 performances of My Grand (ma se) Piano. The Classical Concert included myself, Lidia Tzoneva (a teacher at one of the high schools in East London) and Shirley Corrigan (the woman in charge of organising the eisteddfod). My singing teacher from UCT was my fellow adjudicator - so she attended the concert! I was KAK scared. It's the first time she's heard me sing in about 9 years. She was so proud of me! I'm all teary-eyed just thinking of it....

It was Shaun's birthday on Monday.... We went to the theatre a few times this week as part of the celebration. One of the shows I took him to was David Kramer's Breyani. It's the second time I've seen it. AMAZING! We went to watch the Pro Cantu Youth Choir tonight (thanks for the tickets Chloe). It's the first time I've been to see them. It was a BEAUTIFUL and very uplifting experience.

So what's that thing about life giving you lemons??? We don't all have the ability to make lemonade! It seems though, that if you just wait patiently and continue doing what is good and right for yourself and (more importantly) those around you, life will turn those lemons into lemonade for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment