Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Bubbles"

Bubbles - that's the name of my new bakkie!!! You could hardly call it new, but it's new to me. Below is a pic of Fleming. Fleming was my previous means of transport!


I loved Fleming! The very first time I met him, I knew he was meant to be mine. The salesman told me to park on the beachfront in the Strand, and when he came down that long stretch of road I just KNEW that that Alfa was meant for me. He gave me amazing service for over 3 years...and he was FUN! Yor, he could fuck off hey! People admired his sexy lines......

Fleming has been sold! Gary (his new daddy) took delivery of him on Thursday! So I have (due to unforseen circumstances -see previous blog post) had to downgrade ever so slightly. My new little boy is Bubbles!



Now as you can see, Bubbles is not going to win any popuarity contests.... Nope, he's VERY DIFFERENT from Fleming. However, I don't want to have to take the train soon again. I don't mind the rust, the boring colour or the look of my little Bubbles. BUT I MIND THAT AWFUL ROOF RACK!!!!! My little boy will undergo a gradual transformation over the next few months! But for now, he's keeping his current look. I must just tell you that that roofrack was almost a deal breaker. Now I don't have an issue with straight, butch people. But must my cute little baby have his cuteness violated by this galvanised steel resin-mounted monstrosity??? I mean, if us queens get to parade our personalities the way we do, then maybe those of the non-queen variety should get to do the same! But now my poor little innocent Bubbles must be the victim!!! Don't worry my baby, soon Mommy will make it all better. We'll take off that big manly thingy on your kappie and replace it with something.......pink.......and feathered....... Mommy must just make us some money first okay!!!

All jokes aside. I HATE the rack!!!! But I haven't been this excited in a long time! It's a bit blind to go in to work with a rusty Ford Bantam 1400 19voertsek bakkie after my Alfa Romeo Sportswagon 2.5 V6........ But he's mine! And when I look at Bubbles, I see potential! In a few months time I shall post new pics of my little boy! I can't wait to see the response then.

Potential! My life is pretty shit at the moment (financially especially) compared to what it was! But, there is potential for much change....... Positive change! I am convinced that GREAT things are gonna continue happening for me. Despite obstacles and difficulty along my journey, my life thus far has been quite extraordinary.......and it will continue. How many of you thought that Mr Q would EVER drive an old blue bakkie????

But you know what? Bubbles is all I need! I loved the climate control, cruise control, momo leather, bose sound, rain sensors........but a car is a thing to get you from point a to point b in some degree of comfort. Compared to the train, Bubbles is a five star hotel! And he's a bit like me: an old work horse......

No comments:

Post a Comment